We require that everyone in our space adheres to our Covid-Safe Plan so that we can keep dancing and using our space safely through this pandemic. If you have any symptoms of any kind, please stay home. LVDP students will still be able to participate in class via Zoom.
Our space, cleaning protocols and personal hygiene
- We have placed markers (1.5 meters apart) around our space to indicate the safe distance of spacing in our common areas.
- We have placed markers inside our studios that will allow our students and teachers to easily see the safe spaces that they are able to dance and teach in.
- We have placed markers around any restricted areas.
- We ask that everyone sanitises/washes their hands upon entry of the studio, after class and at any other appropriate time. Sanitation stations have been placed at our entrance in our common area and in each studio.
- There will be no use of equipment (except our barres which we will disinfect between every use).
- We will continue regularly cleaning and disinfecting all of our surfaces.
- Floors will be mopped daily and between classes where there are significant or change overs of groups.
- We ask that there is minimal waiting time in our common spaces and studios.
- We continue to ask that if you are showing symptoms that you stay home and (if you are a student) attend your class through Zoom if you are feeling well enough.
- If you are hiring our studio space, please wipe down the studio after your hire with the provided disinfectant.
- We will be spacing our hires out to ensure there is ample time for one of our team to mop the floor and let the room settle before its next use.
Pick ups, Drops offs, changing spaces and use of our kitchen and multipurpose space
- We ask that there is minimal waiting time inside the building.
- In the event that our young people are able to be in our space independently, we ask that they do so and that they enter and exit our building on their own (to avoid unnecessary foot traffic/crowding of the studio). Teachers will be closely monitoring pick-ups and drop offs to ensure our young people are safe.
- Our kitchen and our multipurpose space will remain open to our teachers, students and their grown-ups, if they need to be in our space. We ask that you use this space responsibly.
- Unless specifically hired, our kitchen and multipurpose space will unfortunately be closed to hires until further notice. We will have a water station to accommodate for the inconvenience of not being able to use our kitchen.
Our teachers, tactile assistance and contact work for LVDP students (including couples dancing and wedding dances)
- Teachers will give as little tactile assistance as possible.
- Teachers will be wearing gloves for the duration of their teaching, and sanitising/changing their gloves between assisting students.
- Teachers will be wearing masks when they are giving tactile assistance to students given that they will be closer than 1.5 meters away from the student.
- We will have masks handy for students to wear while they are receiving tactile assistance.
- Students/families/you may request that no tactile assistance is given to you, which teachers will respect. We will be checking this prior to giving tactile assistance.
- In the case that you request no tactile assistance, there may be some aspects of class that students not receiving tactile assistance will need to sit out of if it cannot be done safely by the student without tactile assistance.
- We will be refraining from doing any contact work in our classes and choreography. In the event that we decide to go ahead with contact work, families will be notified prior to us beginning and will have the option to not participate in partner work by doing the specific exercises work alone.
- Once restrictions are eased and we are allowed to do wedding dances/couples privates, it will be left up to the teachers and couple to decide how strict they want to apply physical distancing measures. In the event that all parties are comfortable making contact with each other, masks and gloves must be worn by everyone.
Record keeping & what happens if somebody tests positive in our space
- Records of who enters our space will be kept via our class roles and appointment schedules as usual.
- Where hires are concerned, we will require a dated list of the names of people present in our space with you. This is so we can easily track down everyone in case of a positive test result.
- If you come into contact with a person known to have Covid19, you will need to self-quarantine and provide us with a negative test result before being able to come back to the studio (LVDP students will still be able to attend classes online via Zoom).
- In case of a positive test result in our space, we will temporarily close for a deep and professionally executed clean of our space.
- In case of a positive test result in our space, we will notify everyone, in particular those who have been in contact with whoever tests positive so that they can get tested.
- In the event of a positive test result in our space, and post deep clean, before returning to our space, you will need to either:
- Provide us with a negative test result or;
- Stay in quarantine (LVDP will still be able to attend class via Zoom), for the recommended time. It may be required that even after quarantine that you still get tested and provide us with a negative test result before coming back to the studio.
We thank you for your cooperation during this time, and hope that together we can get through this pandemic safely.